A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: MilliporeSigma is searching for a smart, hard-working Digital Category Manager with a demonstrated track record of managing complex Digital projects involving e-commerce, web content, search engine marketing, and marketing automation.
- Accountable for driving global digital sales for a defined franchise and/or product/persona grouping within the Research Business Unit. Also, accountable driving a category leading customer experience.
- Develop the digital strategy and implement plans for the category and assure timely implementation in alignment with relevant product management teams and teams within digital marketing.
- Understand and be accountable for attraction of qualified customers (Product Pages visits), quality metrics (Abandon rates, time on page(s), time on page), Conversion rates, Basket Size, and Net Promoter Score. Establish dashboard requirements to ensure accurate measurement of current and growth performance based on the specific situation of the franchise.
- Understand and have plans to drive SEO, Paid search, and internal search to effectively attract customers; produce strong ROI.
- Understand and define content gaps and opportunities. Produce content and orchestrate content curation between product management groups and digital marketing teams
- Understand the customer digital buying journey, and ensure that eBusiness strategies and tactics are aligned to it. Work with product management groups and data scientists to understand cross sell and upsell opportunities, and develop strategies to exploit.
- Use customer knowledge and collaboration with product/segment groups to identify unconventional growth opportunities
- Improve the digital acuity of business partners and encourage business partners to use digital as the channel of choice for driving revenue and marketing activities
- Monitor competition strategies in the digital space as well as evaluate potential partners/solutions to enhance our customers digital experience
Who you are
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Experience producing results in a digital environment; demonstrated ability to make decisions based on large amounts of data strongly preferred
- Analytical mindset to make nuanced interpretations of data and understand customer buying processes; results oriented
- Understanding of and experience working with global markets preferred
- Experience working with and building support across multiple departments to deliver strategies desired
- Great at team work
- Some commercial experience preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.