A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Senior Analytical Chemist is primarily responsible for optimization, development and validation of analytical test methods and related sample preparation techniques. This may include oversight and project management of method transfers to internal and contract laboratories as well as training and development of junior analytical chemists locally and in other geographies.
The Senior Analytical Chemist will participate in deviation and aberrant result investigations, change control planning and implementation, standard operating procedure generation and review, instrument troubleshooting and maintenance, and customer project support activities as needed.
As a member of the E&L team, the Senior Analytical Chemist may attend and present at industry conferences, participate in global E&L team meetings and support the Global E&L SME as needed.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 5 years LCMS/LCMSMS experience, preferably with Agilent and Bruker instrumentation
- Minimum of 5 years developing, optimizing and validating mass spectroscopy test methods and related sample preparation techniques according to ICH and FDA standards
- Minimum of 3 years working in a GMP/GLP regulated or ISO certified laboratory
- Proficient with the operation, calibration and maintenance of LCMS/LCMSMS instrumentation
- Knowledge of GMP requirements applicable to testing laboratories
- Advanced knowledge of instrumentation software including Chemstation, Masshunter, Empower, ECM OpenLab, Compass, Analyst
- Utilization of advanced software tools for performing data analysis, including structural elucidation, and reporting
- Minimum of 5 years developing, optimizing and validating GCMS test methods and related sample preparation techniques
- Basic understanding of GAMP standards and 21CFR Part 11 requirements
- Basic understanding of data integrity principles
- Development, validation and transfer of analytical test methods including HPLC, GC/LC MS, IC, ICP, FTIR techniques
- Organic chemistry/polymer chemistry background
- Education: BS/BA in Chemistry, MS/Ph. D. preferred
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.