A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Manages a small project or project stream with tasks of low to moderate complexity within a larger project. Leads a small project team with members typically from direct working environment and a straightforward project structure. Coordinates stakeholders from own area or even closely related areas or is partially or even fully responsible for the project management within small to medium sized projects. Applies technical expertise in the analysis of factual information and may even look beyond the immediate problem and use business acumen to understand the wider implications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions
- Develop project requirements and approximate costs
- Manage small to medium capital project scope, budget, and schedule through project life cycle
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Procure necessary contractors, materials, and equipment to support projects
- Manage assigned portions of projects under the direction of a senior project engineer or engineering director
- Manage and coordinate project design and development of construction documents
- Manage and coordinate construction phase of project
- Manage and coordinate startup, commissioning, validation and closeout of the project
- Manage quality control objectives through all phases of the project
- Attend seminars, conferences and training to maintain and expand technical expertise
Who You Are:
- BS Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering.
- 2 years of experience in chemical or industrial environment or projects.
- Autocad experience
- Ability to read and understand drawings, pipings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- PMP certification or ability to obtain within 1 year.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.