A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Medical Director, Global Medical Affairs, is responsible for working closely with the
Neurology/Immunology Pipeline Lead, Global Medical Affairs, to build, monitor, track, manage, and assist with the implementation of the Global Medical Affairs strategic initiatives in the Therapeutic Area.
This role is responsible for defining the medical plans and tactics for plan execution to ensure launch preparation. This position will build the link across the cross-functional franchise within the teams and representation at Global Project Team level.
Responsibilities also include HCP, Patient association group and Payer interactions to systematically define and subsequently address the unmet medical needs of our providers and patients. This role requires close collaboration and alignment of goals and objectives of Global Medical Affairs, Global Business Franchise, as well as strategic partners.
Who you are:
- MD with rheumatology experience with 3 plus years required
- Medical Affairs experience in Rheumatology and/or Immunology strongly preferred
- A rheumatologist with lupus-treating experience is strongly preferred
- Work closely with the Pipeline Lead of Global Medical Affairs Neurology/immunology to set direction, implement strategy and ensure delivery of outcomes for Global Medical Affairs function
- Provide support to Global Medical Team to assure delivery of key Global Medical Affairs objectives
- Integrate strategies, tactics and programs to accomplish Global Medical Affairs and corporate objectives, in a highly dynamic environment
- Support Global Project Teams to ensure launch preparations
- Set, track and provide status updates about Global Medical Affairs programs and related processes within the department
- Provide program management support in the development, communication, and implementation of Global Medical Affairs programs, policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other therapeutic areas to leverage Global Medical Affairs Neurology/Immunology expertise and programs as appropriate
- Provide close collaboration and alignment of goals and objectives with strategic partners
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.