A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The objectives of the role are to provide Senior Management with robust forecasts and a deep understanding of the markets and competitive landscape where we compete to capitalize on opportunities and minimize risks in pursuit of the organization’s business objectives. This is a high visibility role with the opportunity to be involved in preparing to launch a new product and forecast EMD Serono’s largest revenue product. This individual will develop and support a forecasting approach to create short and long term, market based, patient based, and event driven revenue forecast models for commercial products, pipeline candidates, and new business opportunities. This position will report to the Associate Director, Forecasting and Performance Metrics, part of the EMD Serono Business Excellence department. This individual will act as a partner who contributes to business performance with joint accountability with other functions for value maximization via forecasting. The individual will collaborate closely with the Manager, Performance Metrics to provide a clear analysis and understanding of our market and performance metrics.
Who you are:
- BS/BA required, MBA preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- 5+ years in forecasting with MBA, or 7+ years’ experience with BS/BA
- Biotech/pharmaceutical or high-tech industry experience highly preferred
- Previous experience in consulting, finance and/or commercial assessments for pharmaceutical/biotechnology area preferred
- Experience in analytical roles, with secondary data sources and modeling, including proficiency in designing and developing refined financial models to address alternate scenarios
- Thorough understanding of various time-series and patient based forecasting techniques
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to influence others in a tactful and well thought out manner with supporting information and logic and through building and defending arguments, as well as listening and understanding a variety of perspectives, to reach a consensus
- Lead in a team environment and cross functionally
- Broad business understanding and ability to apply principles of logic and lead critical thinking to a wide range of complex business issues
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance several on-going projects simultaneously
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.