A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Our Healthcare UK affiliate are looking for a versatile, dynamic and strategic thinking Head of Communications to be a part of our leadership team. This is a role which will mix both strategic and operational responsibilities including advising and consulting Senior leadership on communications strategy and execution as well as taking charge of operational communications projects. This is an influential role which will need someone to be able to prioritise projects according to business needs. There would also be a link with the Global Communications team as well to ensure that communications strategy and execution is in line with global strategy. The role reports into the Regional Head of Communications, EMEA Healthcare with a dotted line to the UK General Manager.
This will be a hands on role which will include channel management (including digital). It would be suited to an individual who is able to think strategically yet loves being involved in hands on operational tasks within a close knit team environment.
Develop, lead & manage Healthcare communications in the country; support the General Manager with considered counsel on reputation-related matters being part of the local Leadership Team; develop, execute and oversee the implementation of internal and external communication strategies and drive priority product communications as required by the business; drive reputation as well as acceptance of priority products and mitigate risk by nurturing strong relationships with key stakeholders including media, general public and internal stakeholders; maintain a favourable reputation of the company by proactive communication, issues management and crisis planning; manage and coach internal media spokespersons; ensure the value of communications is effectively measured and valued internally, aligned with the needs of the business; serve as the country liaison with Global and Regional Communications and ensure cross-functional alignment.
Shaping and driving our company's awareness and reputation footprint in UK; local translation and execution of global communication & selected brand strategies to drive and enable the business.
Scope of People Responsibility:
- Consults GM and local Senior Management on communication matters
- Leads project teams for communications related tasks i.e. issues communications, launch communications or branding initiatives
Education & Work Experience
- Degree in Communications, journalism, marketing or equivalent education
- Extensive experience in Communications in a corporate or agency environment
- Substantial experience in healthcare communications, Product PR, including internal & external communications, channel management & digital channel management
- Substantial media relations experience both general media and healthcare branch media, experience in Rx product launches will be viewed favourably
- Excellent writing, editing, copywriting and proofreading skills
- Able to manage and lead people with indirect authority
- Demonstrated ability to interact with, counsel and influence senior executives effectively
- Proven ability to develop and execute results-driven communications strategies that are aligned with business goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, goals, and project initiatives
- Experience coordinating with communications professionals, vendors and agencies
- Strong tactical and analytical/strategic skills, hands-on, high energy
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, work independently under pressure and handle multiple priorities
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at