A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In the role of “Marketing Partner to the field”, you are responsible for the implementation of Hardware marketing strategies for projects and/or products defined in the global marketing plans. Furthermore, you will support the North America Multi Use & Single Use sales team in pursuing new business opportunities, focusing on large projects capital business opportunities and complex solutions with product launches and seeding activities.
You drive business strategies into the field and fulfill a field-focused role that is close to the customers, regional markets and local needs with in depth expertise and knowledge on the respective segment of applications. Furthermore, you are in charge of the continuous monitoring of markets/customers needs, competitors capabilities, products and applications and you identify fields for innovation, innovative applications and products in cooperation with the sales teams and Global Marketing. At the same time, you drive projects with existing products to expand existing fields of application
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Break down the global strategies to regional and local marketing plans, tactics and actions. Execute regional/local product or solution positioning content Drive and track development of regional and local growth potential
- Recommend quick wins & cross-selling opportunities to the local sales teams and Key Account Managers
- Perform customer visits together with multi use sales development people and / or local sales organizations
- Coordinate & monitor the service effectiveness provided to the customers and to the field organization.
- Monitor and report on competitive activity and prepare plans for sales organization to counter-attack
- Ensure successful introduction of new products/programs by organizing beta testing, fine tuning the product concept, defining product positioning and the selling strategy
- Ensure the effective communication between customers, sales force and marketing for all sales activities concerning products, application and services. Specific attention will be paid to provide feedback to divisional Marketing on new opportunities in NA
- Be the active local input channel to the global hardware marketing for the creation of future annual marketing plans
- Identify fields for innovation and demonstrate potential for new markets, new products and new applications and coordinate access to relevant key contact partners at the customer side. Lead the hardware training program of the sales force in order to reach and maintain the required level of knowledge of products, application and services
- Participate to the geographical sales support activities by developing mailers, giving lectures at exhibition, trade shows and at professional users groups.
- Develop a strong network with our different sales teams and Global Marketing.
Who You Are:
- Interpersonal competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Planning and influencing skills
- Strong analytical way of thinking
- Strong communication skills with the ability to challenge people across all levels
- Highly driven with the ability to motivate others
- Strong competitive awareness
- Good listening skills with the ability to analyze and respond to given situations quickly and effectively
- Excellent verbal and writing communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop and deliver training and seminar programs
- Ability to represent the organization in front of customers
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills with ability to prioritize projects
- Ability to transfer knowledge between different business units across the organization and to interface within North America WW MM organization
- Knowledge/Skills/Experience :
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years successful experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry
- Market and financial analysis skills are essential
- Ability to position our technologies from the Process Solutions Millipore portfolio
- Willingness to travel up to 50% during the working week
- Knowledge of regulatory bodies and guidelines would be advantageous
- Computer proficient in Windows based software package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes as well as Sales Force.com platform
- Language: English
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.