A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are: MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
- Be awesome!
- Execute and drive new process strategies to deliver efficiencies within Distribution Operations
- Lead and drive key projects in support of corporate initiatives
- Analyze inefficient Distribution Operations providing solutions, metrics or data to Supply Chain and Distribution partners
- Provide data mining and analytic expertise to support all NA warehouse activities
- Evaluation of change requests related to distribution, change request management, user/site/factory acceptance testing, regression testing
- Consults with suppliers, users & IT for diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
- Warehouse and Warehouse Management system design, configuration and maintenance
- Lead and develop processes & operational improvements
- Monitor Technological advancements in Distribution & Logistics and propose new technologies to support the business
- Assists in the development of training materials and procedures and/or train users in the proper use of operations hardware or software
- Develop and institutionalize appropriate metrics including dashboards, scorecards, KPIs and productivity reporting
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree in business administration, engineering, international transportation and logistics or related area or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years of experience or relevant Distribution Center Management/Supervisory Experience
- Experience with SAP EWM & SAP TM is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Access and Relational Database Experience required
- Programming experience is a plus
- Experience with Warehouse Automation; WEC, ASRS, Conveyors, etc is a plus
- Willingness to travel 10 - 25% domestic and internationally with ability to travel on short notice
- Projects may require occasional weekend work
Essential and Critical Skills:
This role will report into our Distribution Advancement team. The goal of The Distribution Advancement team is improve the value of Logistics & Distribution Operations by providing support for systems, analytics, information and distribution center management; developing the framework necessary to improve our cost, services, quality and speed.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.