A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Internet of Things (IoT) is on everyone’s lips nowadays. Therefore, Merck’s Smart Consumables will bring the digital connectivity to the Life Science laboratories and support the customers in being more efficient, working saver and staying compliant to the regulations. The Product Manager Software & Services – Smart Consumables (m/f) defines the Smart Consumables product & service business plan and roadmap and commercializes the digital portfolio.
You work on the following responsibilities:
- Develop a sustainable business model and derive a solid business plan.
- Launch new offerings, and manage the life cycle including optimizing the products, positioning, and pricing.
- Work with commercial and product development teams, external partners and customers on product specifications and requirements, and to define viable options, cost/pricing, delivery schedule, quotes, etc.
- Product related point of contact for the Commercial, Marketing Operations, and the Operational/Supply Chain teams.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of operations mechanisms behind the portfolio, like manufacturing process, cost drives, demand planning, logistical hurdles, sales channels.
- Support to assess new business opportunities and determine long-term strategic direction.
Who you are:
- M.Sc. in Economics, Natural Science, IT or Engineering
- 5+ years Marketing/Product Management experience in the Life Science industry; especially on software and/or service offerings.
- Experience in regulated markets, e.g. food & beverages, pharma, etc. is a plus.
- Creative and highly engaged entrepreneurial ownership mindset.
- Proficient in English, German is a plus.
- Willing about to travel 20-30% globally.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at