A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: You will be responsible for finding, developing and closing sales opportunities that focus on LSC's chemistry product portfolios. Particular focus will be placed on pharma, biotech, industrial, and CROs who routinely utilize these products in process development, scale up and manufacturing. You will work closely with the Account Manager, Technical Field Specialist, and Product Marketing groups to oversee projects within the accounts where the technologies / products need consistent support due to technical depth or complexity and which the regular Sales Force are not ready to cover individually. You will also partner with the other commercial teams within the Life Science business units for cross-selling opportunities. Overall, you are expected to drive Research Solutions' revenue growth for Laboratory and Specialty Chemicals used as production materials. Field based - Ideal candidate will be located in North Eastern or West Coast USA.
- Focus on identifying and developing the production materials business at targeted accounts by utilizing technical expertise to provide the commercial sales force and customer with the necessary tools, information, and support.
- Build relationships with customers, consultants, and key opinion leaders (KOLs), with the purpose of creating strong scientific partnerships between MilliporeSigma and its strategic and key accounts and market segments to influence the acceptance and continued use of company’s chemistry products and services.
- Facilitates the constant flow of new ideas, excitement and energy necessary to maintain a high growth sales environment.
- Possesses marketing, business, and scientific skills to enable effective positioning of the products in the market space.
- Understands the crucial interdependencies that allow R&D, scale up, manufacturing and quality to work in an integrated fashion.
- Establish regular interface and communication with the sales force (Account Managers and Specialists) to relay shared goals and targets; develop co-strategies to achieve business growth; and work cohesively as a team to provide excellence in service to clients.
- Build intelligence on marketing trends, competitive products and pricing.
- Participate in sales meetings as required.
- Complete all required documents (monthly reports and quarterly reviews) in a timely manner.
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Degree in Chemistry Science Discipline preferred.
- Experience in drug discovery services and products directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level scientists preferred.
- Experience in catalysis and organometallic technologies strongly preferred.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Experience in delivering effective technical presentations to scientific researchers.
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to execute on multiple tasks or projects.
- Proficiency in English.
- Travel in the territory up to 60%.
- Some International Travel as required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.