A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Global Sourcing Manager
Location: Tokyo (or Shizuoka)
Reporting to Global Associate Director of Fine Chemical & Resin Sourcing, in this role he/she will be responsible for leading the global procurement activities of both organic and inorganic fine chemicals. The responsibilities include development of the sourcing strategy, global contracts, business continuity planning, and supplier management. Also he/she is expected to interface with all stakeholders to understand challenges and work out solutions to support the fast growing business in Electronic Industry. Additionally, he/she will also take care of some local sourcing topics including contract manufacturing in Japan on top of the fine chemical duties.
- Global Price negotiation.
- Communicate with vendors on issues related to materials purchased from them in global.
- Coordinate with vendors on non-conforming material and work with Quality counterparts to track/update progress on Corrective Actions affecting Supply of Raw Materials related global.
- Supplier evaluation and assessments.
- Develop and maintain strong and successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly calls as required, to update stakeholders with the latest information.
- Support sourcing activity for local countries.
- Coordinate activities with other members of the procurement team in different regions of the world.
- Continually identify new opportunities for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance and proactively tracks progress toward these objectives
- Enhance supply security and avoid potential supply interruptions through continuous dialogue with vendors in global perspective.
- Participate in projects as required by the business.
Recommended Education/Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above.
- At least 5 year working experience in direct materials sourcing or tolling management.
- Having sufficient knowledge in semiconductor, display or chemical industries.
- Experienced in strategic sourcing, commercial negotiation, cost analysis, and supplier management.
- Good communication within internal and external organizations. Nice inter-personal skills to coordinate multi-national collaboration.
- Fluent English is a must.
- Education in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Science and Technology is a plus. Fluent Japanese is also preferred.
- Team player and familiar with global collaboration. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Resilience in dealing with unexpected issues and urgent matters. High degree of self-reliance required, must thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Good reporting and presentation skills. Strong in numeric analysis and strategic planning.
- Having Legal, IP and international trading experience/education will add value.
Recruiting contact: Fang Liu
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!