A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Position is a laboratory scientist position in a business based process development and manufacturing environment. The department’s primary focus is the development of synthetic and analytical platforms for the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). Scientists are expected to support the innovative development and execution of technical projects within the MilliporeSigma team-based environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and implement innovative chemical and analytical solutions appropriate for the commercial manufacture of APIs.
- Achieve positive laboratory results through a combination of personal hands-on lab experience and overseeing the efforts of Associate and Assistant Scientists through a matrix relationship within the MilliporeSigma organization.
- Execute Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant manufacture of APIs and intermediates if called upon to do so.
- Handle 1-2 chemistry-based projects at various states of maturity.
- Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in accordance expected timelines and budgets.
- Must work well in a team environment and serve as Project Team Leader.
- Author, utilize, and train employees on a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and operating procedures.
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Act as a primary or secondary operator if requested, must be able to maintain accurate and concise cGMP records.
- Accurately perform routine and non-routine in process testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
- Adhere to MilliporeSigma’s ethical and behavioral standards as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Become a role model for other process development and manufacturing employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior.
Who You Are:
- Education: Ph.D. or equivalent in Organic Chemistry.
- Experience: Ph.D. and 0-2 years relevant experience, M.S. an 5-10 years relevant experience, B.S. and 10+ years relevant experience and / or industrial experience at the bench. Minimum 5 years of experience in a supervisory or management role preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.