A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Data Scientists will strengthen our digital business unit, which drives the digital transformation for our company globally and across business divisions – leveraging cutting edge technology to reach new customers, improve operational efficiency, and to create entirely new business models.
A Senior Data Scientist is expected to lead small project teams in the execution of our projects. These teams execute the mathematical modeling of our business problems, develop algorithms and applications to solve these problems, and help our internal customers to understand and implement the results.
Who you are:
For the Senior Data Scientist position we are considering experienced candidates with high analytical problem-solving skills. A strong interest in scientific and technical work is required. Candidates are expected to quickly develop consulting capabilities on the job, with the ability to communicate effectively in an international team environment.
- Ph.D. or MSc degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or a similar field
- At least four years of professional experience outside academia
- Strong in mathematics and statistics
- Software development experience
- Proven leadership skills or project management expertise
- Leadership skills to guide a project team from a commercial, technical and scientific perspective
- Learn new mathematical or technical methods quickly and with little guidance
- High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethic; “can do” attitude
- Ability to deliver clear, concise presentations to non-scientific audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical experience is required in at least some of the following areas:
- Mathematical modeling, for example in: TensorFlow, MatLab, or R
- Software architectures: n-tier, SOA
- Database servers, for example: SAP HANA, Hadoop, Sybase ASE / ASA, ORACLE, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2
- Database programming: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Data warehousing/reporting/ETL, for example SAP BusinessObjects
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.