A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Lab Technicians are a key contributor in the overall Quality and Product Development of products and processes at our Branchburg NJ, USA site. Our products are sold globally and include advanced chemical materials sold to the Semiconductor and Display industries. These products include photoresists, organic and inorganic specialty chemicals to improve customer’s processes, solvent mixtures, and water based products.
You will prepare chemical mixtures ranging from a few grams to 30 Gallons. Our products need critical controls with weights, mixing, processing, filtration, packaging, cleanliness and sampling.
- Conduct experiments with new materials and improving existing products.
- Assure accurate record keeping.
- Follow Material Safety Data sheets directives.
- Support the Lab and Pilot areas with tasks such as inventorying and ordering supplies, housekeeping, sampling materials, moving materials between locations and conducting particle and other measurements.
- Use ERP software systems such as SAP.
- Use Microsoft Office applications such as Excel to tabulate and analyze data.
- Work with R&D, Production, Quality and Engineering on continual improvement projects and experiments.
- Conduct Safety Audits.
Who You Are:
- AS or higher degree in scientific field, or work experience that includes science principles and mathematics.
- Minimum of 3 Years of Experience in a Laboratory setting – weighing, mixing, sampling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.