A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position will provide the customer services in the area of Life Science to enhance customer engagement and satisfaction and support the internal stakeholders, Sales and Marketing teams and external stakeholders, i.e., dealers to close and increase the sales opportunities. To contribute the business growth, position will prepare the future needs, such as digital development and analyze and provide the customer data to the stakeholders. Strategic approach for the operational excellence and development of team capability is required.
Scope of Responsibility
- Total sales revenue supported: ~ 230M Euro
- Responsible location: Japan
- Total HC of the organization 60 as of Apr 2018.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and coordinate Customer Service (CS), Sales Support (SS) and Technical Support(TS) operations
- Responsible for local customer service and sales support budget
- Development of the Customer Service and strategy and its execution.
- Define, implement and deliver on CS & SS, TS scorecard objectives & targets (KPIs: OTCS/DSO/Customer Satisfaction etc.)
- Define and implement procedures. The procedures have been made compliant with country-legal obligations
- Establish network with Internal Stakeholders (Marketing and Sales team, Operation team) to align CS & SS, TS objectives with External Customer’s needs: Support the BU-strategies by permanently adjusting structure, service offerings and processes according to the BU-needs
- Act as a point of entry to support SCM, Logistics and Sales organizations
- Responsible for ensuring DSO and Risk management for A/R
- Represent the customers & BU’s in the selection & implementation of ERP strategies and system solution
- Ensure the team brings the highest level of support on pre-and post-sales activities by allocating resources, organizing and training the department.
- Ensures that critical information is relayed to Sales, Marketing and QA regarding sales leads, new applications, product performance and competitor activity.
- Initiate and take ownership of process improvements and automation opportunities within the region to improve efficiency
- Drive improvement culture in day to day business among CE organization
- Strong internal network and cross-divisional/functional knowledge is required to ensure aligned processes and provide high quality support/services across region
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Degree or diploma in Management or MBA preferable
- At least 10-12 years of work experience within a large establishment with hands on exposure to strategic / commercial marketing, customer segmentation, product positioning, and sales enablement
Knowledge and Skills
- Leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills (min 15yrs service experience): understand trend & customer needs
- Strong organization and management skills; ability to track and monitor key priorities and resource allocations
- Strong coaching and communication skills in a multicultural / multinational environment to develop and motivate people
- Act as a change agent to bring about improvements
- Strategic planning for long term success: be able to formulate ground vision
- Build a corporate culture committed to Excellence / Outstanding understanding of Business /Customer needs
- Able to understand and proactively approach/solution complex business environment/ processes/ organizations
- Successful experience in integration/migrating business and successful global or regional projects
- Strong KPI driven performance management
- Preferable to have Six Sigma black belt certificate, Lean or similar problem-solving certificate
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!