A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Quality Assurance Specialist is a key contributor in the overall Quality Assurance of products and processes at our Branchburg NJ, USA site. Our products are sold globally and include advanced chemical materials sold to the Semiconductor and Display industries. These products include photoresists, organic and inorganic specialty chemicals to improve customer’s processes, solvent mixtures, and water based products. You will support Branchburg's quality system processes (through use and adherence to the corporate tools and programs that exist for these processes) such as complaint management, document control, and learning management. Engagement in many customer-facing activities such as survey completion, customer document review, and change notification. Support the site Quality Assurance Manager and support our ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System through conducting internal audits, participation in customer and registrar audits, supplier quality management activities, and data collection and reporting (metrics, leading indicators, KPIs, etc.). Participate and lead other Continuous Improvement Projects as needed. The Quality Assurance Specialist will have strong customer focus and collaborate with various functions at our Branchburg site. He/she will also regularly interact with commercial and global quality assurance teams in our Semiconductor Solutions business. Up to 10% Travel may be required.
Who You Are:
- Associates (or higher) degree. Note, extensive experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a professional (office and/or manufacturing) environment
- A degree in a scientific or technical field
- Ability to influence without authority
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects and activities at any given time.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and TS/IATF 16949.
- Considerable knowledge of quality assurance processes and procedures
- Experience that involved customer interaction and collaboration with other internal functions (such as operations, commercial, engineering, supply chain)
- Knowledge of a complaint management system such as TrackWise®
- PC skills - advanced use of MS Office programs including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with initiative.
- Basic knowledge of process improvement methodology
- Analytical skills – ability to research, collect and interpret data
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.