A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Drive early drug discovery projects in Immuno-Oncology by designing and conducting in vivo pharmacology studies in murine tumor models
- Apply PK/PD relationship concepts to optimize the dose & schedule for novel biological and small molecule agents
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge in vivo models that can be applied to concept discovery and drug candidate characterization
- Focus on immune readouts (i.e., FACS-based immunophenotyping, T cell activation assays) that can be incorporated into an early clinical development setting
- Represent Immuno-Oncology as a member of multi-disciplinary Discovery Project Teams;
- Document all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents
- Participate in authorship of scientific and/or patent publications.
- Facilitate productive interactions with other functions outside of Immuno-Oncology and stimulate cross-functional ideas for immunotherapeutic approaches.
Who you are:
- PhD and Post-doctoral experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 plus years of experience or Master’s degree minimum requirement
- Track record of scientific accomplishment in the advancement of new therapeutic concepts
- Hands-on expertise with the creation of mouse tumors models and their application in evaluating anti-cancer therapies is essential; experience in developing cancer immunotherapeutic is highly desired
- Thorough understanding of how to integrate PK/PD concepts and methods into tumor model study designs
- Experience with the use of syngeneic or humanized models to study immunotherapies is highly desirable
- Understanding of immunological readouts and their translation into early clinical trials is a major plus
- Experience with cell culture mandatory; experience with molecular or cell-based in vitro assays is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively on complex projects
- Must be able to troubleshoot effectively and think proactively
- Solid publication record
- Background in immunology, and specifically cancer immunology, is highly desired
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.