A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: A Senior Property Engineering Manager position with primary responsibility for all property related activities throughout the Massachusetts Campus including sites in Burlington, Bedford, and Danvers. Properties include R&D, lab space, and mixed use office. Leads a team that has responsibility for the daily building operations, scheduled maintenance, customer generated work orders, facilities, administration functions, and all soft service contracts including cleaning of the facility, cafeteria, and office services while providing a safe and comfortable environment.
Develops budgets, controls costs, and coordinates staff activities. Leveraging organization skills, problem solving, and creative thinking to resolve escalated issues, drive continuous process improvement and team development in a dynamic environment. The position provides regular performance feedback, development and coaching to direct reports.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Ensure compliance with portfolio wide initiatives, local, state and federal laws, and governing regulations that pertain to the operating of.
2. Develop and manage facility operating budgets within company goals and objectives.
3. Provide monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, track variances and ensure smooth recovery process within established targets.
4. Achieve cost savings through maximizing utilization of suppliers and preferred vendors/contractors and by identifying additional efficiency opportunities, consistent with established goals.
5. Ensure surveys of all facilities based on an established grading program including the mechanical equipment, building shell, interior finishes, energy effectiveness, etc. and develop recommendations for improvements.
6. Help to develop and gain approval for the annual capital plan including infra-structure upgrades and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained.
7. Develop and maintain a high performance team utilizing HR top grading and other tools for hiring, talent and succession planning, and development planning.
8. Manage the staffing, development, performance and outcomes of assigned team reporting to the position.
9. Ensures performance reviews and other HR procedures and duties for line staff are conducted according to policy, i.e. submission of compensation (base salary, bonus, merit increases, promotions) for review and approval.
10. Ensure client satisfaction with Facility/Property Management by providing a seamless interface between all related groups; demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in delivering services
11. Accountable for the accuracy and timely updates to all systems data utilized for the account process, procedures and metrics
12. Assist in the development and implementation of the annual management plan; and achieve key objectives and performance indicators as identified by Company
13. Develop and implement innovative programs, processes and projects that aim to reduce short and long term operating costs and increase productivity or longevity
Who You Are
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent.
- Must have at least 10+ years of experience in a Facilities/Property Management or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical and Life science cGMP Processes.
- Strong knowledge of lab operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Strong organizational, management, and supervisory skills
- Experience in matrix management organization desirable
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, customer relations and follow-through skills with the ability to foster trusted relationships internally.
- Diversified knowledge base of construction, design, architecture and engineering.
- Ability to read design and construction drawings and an understanding of principles, codes, materials and methods involved in construction or renovation. Ability to work with City/Town officials for planning purposes.
- Full understanding and support all EH&S programs.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Some Travel required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.