A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Develop and implement engineering solutions to internal customer problems and opportunities. Provide project management and engineering on capital projects from initiation through start-up and closure documentation.
Essential job functions are:
- Evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions
- Manage multiple capital projects concurrently: scope, budget, and schedule through project life cycle
- Procure necessary contractors, materials, and equipment to support projects
- Manage and coordinate project design and development of construction documents
- Manage and coordinate construction phase of project
- Manage and coordinate start-up, commissioning, validation and closeout of the project
Who You Are:
- Master in Chemical or Process Engineering with +5 years strong mechanical engineering skills and construction experience with managing contractors, preferably PMP certified
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to read and interpret Sigma-Aldrich’s and external regulatory agencies’, policies, codes, standards and regulations
- Effective project scope conceptualization skills
- Effective, disciplined, and demonstrated documentation skills
- Understanding of the Project Management Models as described in the PMBO
- Recent experience in a chemical production environment preferred
Must be able to walk, stand, reach above the shoulders, use a cellular phone, use feet to operate equipment, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, use hands to operate tools and equipment. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to wear a hardhat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, and protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield. Must have valid driver’s license and requires operation of company vehicles. Must be able to work at varying heights.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.