A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: This position is responsible for coordinating GMP shipments that meet external customer’s needs and will maintain the appropriate shipping conditions until the material reaches its destination. The GMP Shipping Coordinator is required to ensure that material is shipped in compliance with the local quality system and regulations such as ICH Q7, IATA, IMDG, and DOT.
Essential Job Functions
Design, support and implement shipping processes for GMP products which can include the following:
- Coordinate shipping events with project teams
- Ensure that material is shipped in compliance with the local quality system and regulations such as ICH Q7, IATA, IMDG, and DOT
- Develop and Implement corrective actions based on incident investigations, work with customers, suppliers and internal staff to resolve issue and report status on continuous basis
- Work with customers and new project teams to implement shipping processes to ensure products are shipped according to approved methods
- Write shipping procedures.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of process improvement, safety, quality, and 5S ideas
Who You Are:
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Experience with ICH Q7, IATA, IMDG, and DOT preferred.
- Essential and Critical Skills:
- Effective problem solving skills
- Customer service skills and the ability and the ability to interact with customers and coworkers in a productive manner.
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (ie., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma)
- Experience and/or education in DOT, IATA, and IMDG regulations
- Knowledge of FDA and/or USDA regulatory requirements
- Strong computer skills (SAP, MS Office, etc)
- Ability to develop and lead teams
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.