A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Business Unit: Neurology & Immunology
Limited Term Contract: 14 Months
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Who we are: EMD Serono a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany; is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, focused on specialty care. The Canadian healthcare commercial business has a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology.
Your Role: You will develop, execute and review business plans for the territory, including sales and communications objectives by customer and call. You will use appropriate sales techniques and processes, based on the neurology and immunology market and brand strategy, and differentiate and demonstrate the product advantages/benefits by demonstrating how they meet customer needs. You will foster strong and effective relationships with Canadian Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and Multiple Sclerosis Centers of Excellence to advance EMD assets. You will influence and interact with academic and community neurologists and clinic staff to meet local patient needs. You will build long-term win-win relationships with customers including academic, community and KOLs, and develop and maintain a level of expertise and service in the areas of product knowledge, therapeutic area knowledge, customer service, health education, and selling skills that add value for the customer. You will also allocate available resources to maximize ROI on a business cycle and annual basis in cooperation with manager (including financial, time, medical, marketing, and educational resources).
Who You Are:
- You possess a university degree(s) in an appropriate discipline with successful specialty pharmaceutical sales experience
- You have a minimum of 5 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- You have in-depth expertise in a specialty based therapeutic area with Neurology, Immunology and/or Multiple Sclerosis experience being an asset
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners including Key Opinion Leaders and other stakeholders
- You possess a good understanding of the Canadian Commercial environment and have an understanding of major account or account management sales strategies
- You have experience promoting a major new product in a highly competitive environment
- You also have excellent communication skills, consultative-selling skills, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com