A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Access Influence Manager (AIM) plays a key role in accelerating overall EMD Serono sales through account management for business priority CVS downstream accounts. Through executive selling, organizational networking and relationship development, the AIM directs and executes managed care access and marketing strategies, and pull-through activity alignment with assigned Managed Care Organizations (MCOs). This role will require a strong understanding of the US healthcare system, interaction between key stakeholders, access & reimbursement of specialty products, and skill in working across all Channels of business (e.g., Commercial, Medicare, and Managed Medicaid).
The AIM drives implementation excellence of enterprise account strategy, pull-through programs, and partnership initiatives. The AIM is responsible for continual expansion of product sales opportunities, including optimizing product reimbursement and positioning within MCO drug formularies, medical policies, and clinical coverage criteria for EMD Serono’s entire product portfolio across all Therapeutic Areas (TAs), including Neurology, Oncology, and Fertility.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ Years BioPharmaceutical/Healthcare sales, managed care account and management experience required including:
- 3 Years direct experience in managed care account management
- 3 Years direct sales management experience including demonstration of exemplary managed care field leadership and pull-through results
- Executive selling experience in Neurology, Oncology, and Fertility preferred
- Experience in niche market and hyper-competitive environments
- Experience in highly complex sales/distribution/reimbursement channels
- Experience working within a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrate advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer needs from all stakeholders in Account
- Exceedingly strong customer orientation
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills. Excellent selling and presentation skills
- Keen analytical sense and ability to understand financial concepts
- Ability to think strategically and bring creativity to the organization. Ability to swiftly adapt to a changing environment to meet unexpected demands effectively
- Highly advanced understanding of U.S. managed care marketplace, specialty pharmaceutical distribution channels and reimbursement mechanics
- Domestic travel up to 50% of the time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.