A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Performs physical handling and related record keeping in one or more of the following Distribution areas: Picking, Packing, Receiving, Put-away, Material Management or Inventory Control. Prepares related documentation and maintains files/records as required. Identifies, investigates and resolves record keeping discrepancies. Operates material handling equipment as necessary. Prepares and inputs data into PC and material/production/distribution tracking software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all duties as assigned in accordance with Standard Operation Procedures.
- Manages all personal training requirements and expectation as assigned
- Performs all duties in a timely manner to meet production schedule and compliance with all applicable quality, safety and/or health standards and regulations.
- Maintains cooperative, professional working relationship with department personnel and interfacing departments. Assist in alternate work areas as directed.
- Maintains work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition
- Initiates, processes, verifies and maintains accurate computer transactions
- Picks, packs, prepares and inspects material for accuracy of part numbers, quantities, lot and serial numbers, expiration dates, perish codes, notes, marks, certifications, special labeling, storage, packing or marking requirements.
- Opens and unpacks, counts, identifies and verifies against packing slip, purchase orders and internal requisitions. Notes and records discrepancies.
- Stows and records location of material base on classification, perishable code, DG class, expiration and directed disposition.
- Performs physical inventory and cycle count activities. Investigates and resolves stock keeping errors and other discrepancies.
- Processes work orders and material requests for staging and stocking according to pre-assigned schedule.
Who You Are
- Education : High school graduate or equivalent.
- Work Experience: To qualify for this position, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the required knowledge and abilities and three (1) year experience in warehouse operations. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and some Warehousing computer system is required.
- Certifications: Forklift or Dangerous goods shipping certification may be required. (Can be obtained during employment).
- Physical Requirements: Safely lift and carry 50 lbs. Alone; push/pull/drag 75 lbs., with help. Stand for extended periods. Work in cold room environment.
- Other Qualifications: (i.e. skills, knowledge). Communication, orally and in writing must be at a sufficient level to perform all job duties. Must be able to perform basic math functions accurately. Knowledge of warehousing shipping procedures and inventory cycle count experience preferred. Experience with equipment and tools utilized in shipping, receiving and warehousing operations including but not limited to forklift, stacker, pallet jacks, hand truck, postage meter machines preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.