A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
Customer Service Representative supports MilliporeSigma customers via phone, fax, internet, and e-mail. The person in this role will process orders and respond to customer inquiries regarding orders, backorders, incorrect shipments, price and delivery, and other requests with a sense of urgency. Responsibilities include ensuring that all inquiries are thoroughly resolved, eliminating the need for any additional follow up by the customer, and to use the guidance provided by the team environment and to contribute to, and support, that environment.
- Process and/or resolve customer inquiries received via phone, fax, internet, e-mail, and mail.
- Process customer purchase orders via phone, fax, internet, e-mail, and mail.
- Provide information to customers such as price and delivery information, where to locate items on the internet, how to set up new accounts, etc.
- Create customer web profiles.
- Maintain web profiles.
- Provide service to all internal customers who require assistance. Function as a resource for other areas of the company.
- Complete other projects as required. These projects will be handled in conjunction with the regular duties shown above. Projects may include things such as new account set-up, open orders follow-up, responding to technical service logs, etc.
Who you are:
- HS diploma/equivalent
- College, University degree ideal
- Science background is an asset.
- Previous experience in a customer service role is an asset.
- Customer service, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office, SAP, Salesforce, Avaya
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com