A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The main responsibilities for this position are to manage, develop and grow the MilliporeSigma Diagnostics business within named accounts in the MN/WI Region. A key aspect of this role will be to seek out new business opportunities within the territory and to work closely with MilliporeSigma support teams to ensure that financial targets are realized. A strong customer focus is critical to ensure that the customer’s needs are both understood and managed in a proactive and professional manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Meets or exceeds sales targets
- Provides detailed and accurate forecasts at scheduled intervals
- Grows the business by presenting MilliporeSigma products and services
- Understands the customer’s applications and commercial needs to advance new opportunities
- Coordinates with sales channels (distributors) to ensure all opportunities are realized
- Monitors and understands competitor’s market and product positions
- Participates in trade shows and presents product and technical information at seminars
- Provides commercial and technical support on critical raw materials used in diagnostics tests
- Coordinates all customer enquiries, plant audits and contract negotiations
Who You Are
- Degree in Science, Technology or Business (Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry) or (BS)
- 5 years or greater experience in a sales roll
- Fluent in English, written and oral communication
- Experience/knowledge in the development and functionality of immunodiagnostic assays
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Commercial acumen to negotiate long term supply agreements
- Highly goal oriented and self-motivated, capable of working with minimum direction
- Self-starter, proactive individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be autonomous and to work in a multicultural environment
- Position requires 25% travel visiting customers within the assigned territory (Minnesota/Wisconsin)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.