A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: To perform routine and non-routine chemical analysis, following established protocols and procedures; to accurately interpret results and to prepare complete and legible records; to provide lab support and to maintain equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review protocol and set-up assays according to priority level.
- Following established protocol, perform procedures independently, accurately and in the safest possible manner.
- Accurately interpret results and prepare complete and legible records.
- Prepare written procedures as needed.
- Ensure that lab supplies are adequately stocked.
- Prepare testing reagents (e.g. buffers, standards, etc.) as necessary.
- Maintain, clean, calibrate equipment, document and notify appropriate parties if calibration is required.
- Produce written documentation of procedures as directed by supervisor.
- Notify supervisor of any deviation from current procedure.
- Utilize system of quality documents for recording maintenance, calibration and usage of equipment and instruments as directed by supervisor.
- Properly label chemicals and reagents with all needed quality documentation.
- Complete required quality training successfully.
- Write and review quality procedures drafts as directed by supervisor.
- Accurately record quality observations to aid in quality improvement.
- Appropriately discard waste and clean area after completion of assay.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
Who You Are
- Education: BA/BS in the field of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or equivalent relevant experience
- Over 1 year up to 3 years of experience required. Position requires previous lab experience with a strong background in analytical methods and/or chemical production.
- Essential and Critical Skills:
- Knowledge in chemistry, math and general science.
- Familiar with laboratory instruments.
- Analytical techniques and equipment.
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Communication skills, oral and written.
- Computer skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Laboratory and analytical skills.
- Sources of technical information
- Knowledge of quality management systems including ISO 9000.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
General Office Environment: Noise level in office environment is generally quiet.
Lab Environment: Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
If performing office duties: Employee is required to sit, stand, hear, and use hands to operate all office equipment. Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time. Vision requirements are close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employee occasionally will be required to lift, generally no more than 25 pounds.
If performing lab duties: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time. The employee must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment. The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment. The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.