A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In this position, detail oriented candidates will be responsible for inspecting incoming finished good products from various contracted manufacturers and processing/releasing products through inventory software Oracle and/or SAP.
- Conducting incoming visual inspections of finished good products in accordance with documented specifications and inspection cards.
- Assist in processing vendor's documentation (certificates of analysis) to the website for finished good product releases.
- Releasing finished good products in Oracle and/or SAP.
- Assisting QA/QC/RA teams with the ongoing training of quality procedures, techniques and concepts in accordance with the MilliporeSigma Quality Systems.
- Working with in-house personnel and contract manufacturers to resolve quality issues through techniques and evaluation criteria for processes and products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Education: Minimum High School degree, or higher
- Work Experience: Previous experience in a chemical or medical device / pharmaceutical company QC Inspection role a plus.
- Physical Requirements:
- Sit at a computer for long periods of time (up to 3 hours)
- Able to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to physically inspect products in a warehouse setting.
- Other Qualifications: (i. e. skills, knowledge)
- Good computer skills are required; experience with Oracle and/or SAP (particularly the Quality Module) and Microsoft (Word, Exel and Outlook) a plus.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, cGMP, QSR and Responsible Care
- Interact in a positive and effective manner with other company departments to solve problems and create more effective processes and procedures
- A successful candidate would also possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), and good mathematic skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.