A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The second shift Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible for a wide variety of assignments from minor to moderately complex. Work may range from adjustment and minor repairs to assisting with the overhaul of heavy/complex equipment building and laboratory equipment.
Hours for this position are 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm Monday - Friday
Who You Are: The ideal candidate would be a self-directed self-starter with experience working on building and laboratory equipment in the life science or other heavily regulated industry. Specifically experience in servicing, inspecting, repairing, and maintaining building components including: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, laboratory process equipment, steam equipment, etc. Responsibilities include:
- Performing maintenance and repairs to building structural and laboratory systems when required
- Inspecting facilities and systems (HVAC, electrical, plumbing) to identify potential repairs. Provides general planned maintenance
- Responsible for the accuracy, clarity and compliance of all documentation i.e. PM documentation, Work Orders, Logbooks, etc, generated during the work shift
- Performing tasks in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP).
- Understanding of building management systems i.e. Kaye Lab Watch, Tracer Summit, and Siemens Building Automation systems
- Performing other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required, technical degree preferred
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience required
- Must be able to work second shift
- 0-10% travel required
- Must be able to lift weight or exert force up to 50 lbs
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.