A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your Role: The Senior Manager, National Field Trainer, Neurology will serve as the subject matter expert in capability and training expertise to facilitate training, coaching of Key Account Managers (KAMs) in their interactions with Healthcare Providers (HCPs) and serve as the Strategic catalyst for area capabilities. The National Field Trainer will be responsible to help drive strategy developed by the brand team and help coach and identify themes observed throughout the different Areas. This insight will help drive major training initiatives in a timely and tailored manner.
Who You Are:
- You have your Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3+ years demonstrated sales success and a valid driver’s license
- You have strong knowledge of managed care, reimbursement systems and push/pull-through strategies
- You have proven leadership skills at the Area level (Leading without authority)
- You actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior and integrity in all aspects of the Field Trainer role
- You recognize and demonstrate sensitivity to, and maintain a level of required confidentiality, both internally and externally
- You maintain a professional demeanor consistent with the EMD Serono sales philosophy, protocols and guidelines
- You maintain a high level of commitment to continuous improvement (personal and professional growth) to coaching and improving KAM performance
- You maintain a high level of home office and regional interaction necessary to effectively seize external (i.e., sales) and internal (i.e., process improvement) opportunities
- You demonstrate trusted leadership with ABD Team, helping to provide valuable feedback on field observations
- Highly Desired:
- 5+ years in the N&I space
- Prior experience coaching and/or training others
- Completed Leading Without Authority Course
- Experience in MS, neurology, CNS and specialty biologics markets highly desired.
- Scientific or clinical background desirable.
- Experience selling a multi-product portfolio highly desired
- Launch Experience
- Aspirations to pursue ABD role
- Minimum or intermediate level computer skills (MS Office products) and English fluency required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.