A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Position primarily involves the safe and efficient manufacturing of API’s according to cGMP requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant manufacturing of APIs and intermediates
- Demonstrate proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
- Must work well in a team environment, and be an effective member of a project team (PD through Production)
- Must be able to effectively operate production equipment
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of production areas and all related equipment during each shift, specifically potent compound handling techniques
- Provide support to the Managers and other team members, under a multi-shift manufacturing environment
- Author and utilize a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and OP’s with assistance from a supervisor.
- Receive and perform detailed work instructions
- As a primary or secondary operator, must be able to maintain accurate and concise cGMP records
- Responsible for keeping inventory up to date during each shift, and purchasing raw materials for assigned projects
- Work on problems of limited scope in which analysis of a situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Adhere to SAFC ethical and behavioral standards as outlined in the employee handbook
- Become a role model for other employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior
Who You Are
Education: BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent, but may substitute education for qualified field experience.
Experience: Entry Level
Knowledge and Skills: Attention to detail, self-motivation, strong work ethic, computer skills, multitasking
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
Environmental conditions: Must be willing to work with highly potent / hazardous materials requiring the utilization of proper personal protective equipment which could include half/full face respirators, Saranex and / or Tyvek suits with powered respiration.
Physical requirements: Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds regularly.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.