A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Storage Area Network (SAN) Senior Engineer/Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implementing, upgrading and maintaining Storage infrastructure across Merck organization, including the delivery and documentation of the ITSM processes like Capacity and availability management, Performance management, life-cycle management, patch and vulnerability management, Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability, Security and hardening, Audit & Compliance, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate design, planning and operations implementation takes place for all new and existing services.
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on support as designs are built.
- Alongside standard storage engineer duties, this opportunity will see you recommend, innovative and where possible, automated approaches for infrastructure tasks.
- Work with stakeholders and customers to understand backup utilization, lifecycle, protection requirements and develop these into effective and workable solutions and processes.
- Lead the triage and resolution of escalated, complex incidents, problems or capacity concerns.
- As the company operates a 24x7 service, this role will require support out of office hours for emergency support, routine maintenance, as well as customer services opening hours.
- Travel may also be required within country and across the globe
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge/practical application of agile methods.
- HDS, IBM, NetApp or other storage training/certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud Storage solutions is a plus
- Experience supporting Hyper converged infrastructure (HCI)
- Linux / AIX extensive administration - ability to write scripts and automate tasks.
- Windows Server admin basic knowledge
- Failover/HA/Disaster Recovery
- Project Management skill & certification, ITIL certification
- Service Now
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at