A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Data Loss prevention Infrastructure SME/Architect
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implementing, upgrading and maintaining Backup & Archive infrastructure across our organization, including the delivery and documentation of the ITSM processes like Capacity and availability management, Performance management, life-cycle management, patch and vulnerability management, Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability, Security and hardening, Audit & Compliance, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate design, planning and operations implementation takes place for all new and existing services.
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on support as designs are built.
- Alongside standard backup engineer duties, this opportunity will see you recommend, innovative and where possible, automated approaches for infrastructure tasks.
- Work with stakeholders and customers to understand backup utilization, lifecycle, protection requirements and develop these into effective and workable solutions and processes.
- Lead the triage and resolution of escalated, complex incidents, problems or capacity concerns.
- As the company operates a 24x7 service, this role will require support out of office hours for emergency support, routine maintenance, as well as customer services opening hours.
- Travel may also be required within country and across the globe
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Total years of experience of close to 15 years
- 5+ Years prior experience in providing architect/subject matter expertise
- 10+ Years prior experience in a 3rd Line support position
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of backup and archive architecture and its hardware / software products.
- Expert knowledge in IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) technology and Hitachi Content Platform, ideally also knowledge in NetApp and/or Cloud backup solutions, Sync Sort DPX, Veeam
- Solid industry experience of software (and ideally hardware) architecture, including, databases, clustering and load balancing, distributed file-systems, storage, virtualization, architecture and design patterns
- Thoroughly familiar with current Quality & GxP IT compliance requirements
- Extensive project management and delivery
- Solution design and presentation to stakeholders
- Extensive experience of design leadership - ideally with enterprise systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience at creating technical presentations/articles/papers
- The ability to communicate and build relationships with technical teams
- ITIL expert
- Knowledge/practical application of agile methods.
- Experience with Cloud Storage, Hybrid NAS storage, Backup and Archive technologies is a plus;
- Experience supporting Hyper converged infrastructure (HCI)
- Linux / AIX extensive administration - ability to write scripts and automate tasks.
- Windows Server admin basic knowledge
- Failover/HA/Disaster Recovery
- Project Management skill & certification, ITIL certification
- Service Now
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at