A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The NA VWR Distributor Sales Management role is responsible for managing, leveraging and optimizing our business, customer strategies and relationships with VWR through the GTM execution of the sales teams.
Expectations are to achieve financial objectives, mediate and manage escalations, coach to good channel practices and strategies and help MilliporeSigma to be a strong supplier partner to VWR via scorecard metric management. In addition to the VWR role as primary relationship manager, we are expanding this role to include active participation in NA Tier 2.5 Distributors
- Financial Management and accurate forecasting of VWR NA
- Relationship management of VWR’s Regional VP’s and Directors in sales and marketing roles
- Execution of Monthly and quarterly business reviews, and Executive review with help from distributor sales and support and distributor program services, Customer Excellence and other functions
- Scorecard management/escalations
- Field Sales consulting/training on distributor channel evaluations/escalation including staffing for VWR regional and National Sales Meeting
- Communication cadence with Head of Global VWR Strategy
- Manage business relationships with named T 2.5 dealers through regular visits, supported by frequent phone and e-mail communications.
- Ensure distributors operate within the framework of and adhere to the requirements and policies set forth in the new harmonized contracts.
- Closely monitor distributor performance and make recommendation for improvement activities or termination procedures.
- Assist credit department with delinquent accounts as required.
- Prepare and circulate distributor performance metrics.
- Measure and improve the technical proficiency of distributor personnel. Ensure distributors are appropriately trained and remain informed on products and programs.
- Stay current on trends and market conditions within key growth markets
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD.
- Degree in science discipline (Chemistry, Biology) strongly preferred.
- Graduate degree in core science discipline and/or business degree desired.
- experience in the research marketplace or similar business preferred.
- prior sales management experience in the research marketplace or similar business.
- Proven & documented track record of success.
- Proven ability to negotiate large contracts, manage through complex sales scenarios and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Travel 50% depending location
- Field, prefer drive or short flight from Radnor, PA the home office of VWR
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.