A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: Technical hands-on tax professional responsible for Federal tax matters within the corporate tax department. Implements federal tax strategies, research and compliance and applies tax accounting concepts for financial reporting. Assists with federal tax planning projects by managing projects thorough to completion.
- Responsible for preparation of the U.S. Federal consolidated corporate income tax return and related forms and schedules in accordance with prescribed rates, laws and regulations.
- Assists with preparation of the company’s monthly, quarterly and year-end US consolidated tax provision and associated tax reporting.
- Performs complex tax calculations such as the Company’s federal research and development tax credit in accordance with IRS requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring tax law changes, performing research and analysis of tax-related issues and developing appropriate recommendations for management’s consideration.
- Serves as an interface with the company’s attest firm and accounting teams.
- Assists with the domestic tax aspects of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits.
- Maintains tax records in accordance with IRS and other state or federal agency requirements, prepare routine and special reports and perform tax account analysis.
- Technical lead for tax software and information systems, data streams and solutions.
Who you are: Requires a graduate degree (or equivalent) that provides knowledge of theories, principles and concepts within the tax discipline or CPA with tax technical expertise.
- Requires 4-6 years of professional experience.
- Requires technical tax knowledge and experience to apply principles and concepts of the discipline in resolving issues as they arrive.
Proficient in Excel and working knowledge of OneSource tax software, SAP and Oracle is a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.