A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: Provides technical tax expertise relative to federal income tax compliance to ensure full compliance with all US federal income tax laws. Knowledgeable in tax accounting principles and concepts. Participates in planning efforts by monitoring the potential impact of tax legislation and formulating tax savings plans to alleviate or reduce an increased tax burden. We are seeking a technical hands-on tax manager responsible for Federal income tax matters within the corporate tax department. Develops and implements federal tax strategies, research and compliance and applies tax accounting concepts for financial reporting. Leads federal income tax planning projects by managing people and projects through to completion.
- Responsible for planning and leading the compliance for the U.S. Federal consolidated corporate income tax return and related forms and schedules in accordance with prescribed rates, laws and regulations. Leads own team of professional staff to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems of limited complexity.
- Manages tax accounting, reporting and forecasting in all tax areas, including the consolidated tax rate and current and deferred tax balances. Ensures compliance with the corporate standards for process, timing and format.
- Engages in tax planning and research of U.S. federal tax issues by monitoring pending tax legislation and tax law changes and recommend guidance on specific tax policies including the implementation of new or revised tax standards or rules.
- Assists with audit requirements from external agencies such as the IRS, and other business partners in matters related to domestic tax. Duties include researching, analyzing and presenting results to appropriate sectors.
- Executes proper documentation and processes to ensure internal financial controls related to U.S. federal tax compliance aspects of the tax function.
Supervises and manages assigned staff to execute tax strategies and compliance in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Who you are: BS degree and 6-8 years of professional experience of relevant experience with demonstrated success in a variety of business environments and management positions. Requires senior knowledge and experience in the tax discipline to apply principles and concepts required
Proficient in Excel and working knowledge of OneSource tax software, SAP and Oracle is a plus. Requires prior managerial experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.