A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The purpose of this position is to maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems. This is a multi-skilled position that is capable of completing work orders that cross over traditional disciplines.In addition, to provide leadership, expertise, and training to other department members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems
- Independently complete assigned work orders
- Participation in the call-in program
- Successful completion of required training curriculum
- Provide direction and expertise to others in the department
- Required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after hours duty. Must be able to work independently on a variety of shifts
- Must have valid driver’s license for work related travel
- Required work related travel
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Lockout Tag out trained
- Contributes to department goals
- Shows dignity and respect while performing duties
- Identifies unsafe work conditions and reports them
- Must be able to follow all safety rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently on P.M. tasks
- Basic math, English grammar, reading comprehension
- Excellent organizational skills and 5S skills and follows good documentation practices
- Express ideas for process improvement
- Proficient in use of Management of Change Process knowledge
- Ability to read blueprints and other schematics
- Ability to reference NEC code book and NFPA
- Must be thorough and meticulous, update files and paperwork
- Work with engineering department
- Participate with department audits
Who You Are
High School Diploma or equivalent, experience in applicable field. Trade School degree desired.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of related maintenance experience.
Must have at least 8 of the following behavioral skills/abilities:
- Efficient in using the Management of Change Process for changes.
- Uses good documentation practices.
- Able to direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate process improvement ideas and lead PDSA's.
- Excellent organizational and 5-S skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent self-motivation and productivity skills.
- Ability to accept direction and meet deadlines.
Must have at least 10 of the following general technical skills/abilities:
- Ability to read, understands, and follow work instructions and procedures.
- Ability to write clear, thorough work instructions.
- Ability to use basic PC software (windows, word, Excel, email).
- Ability to use CMMS software.
- Ability to enter purchase requisitions in SAP.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to operate a man lift.
- Ability to solve Algebra and Geometry problems.
- Ability to read, redlines, and understands all types of drawings/schematics.
- Able to operate hand tools, power tools, and basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.).
- Ability to read gauges and understand units of measure.
- Ability to identify parts needed for a repair.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems (analyzes alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.).
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to understand materials of construction and chemical compatibility.
Electrical / Instrumentation Related
- Possession of an applicable license(s)
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair analytical equipment/instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct VFD problems.
- Able to troubleshoot, design, install, maintain electrical power and control circuits up to 480 V.
- Able to troubleshoot, install, repair lighting systems.
- Understanding of Ohm's law, AC/DC, Parallel and Series circuits, Industrial Electricity.
- Understanding of electrical safety (grounding, arc flash, etc.).
- Able to use electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to thread and bend conduit and properly size conduit and wire per the NEC.
- Electrical motor troubleshooting, repairs, installation.
- Ability to use calibration equipment to calibrate or test all types of instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct PLC or controller problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperature, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair analytical equipment/instrumentation.
- Possession of an applicable license(s).
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair air conditioning equipment and chillers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair heating equipment and systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems).
- Ability to use refrigeration test gauges and recovery equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain and repair dehumidification equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, install, maintain heating systems.
- Able to solder and braze.
- Understanding of and ability to use building management systems.
- Possession of an applicable license(s) (i.e. Boiler Operator’s).
- Able to fabricate or repair parts using machining tools (lathe, mill, shear, break, press).
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair production mechanical equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair fluid and vacuum pumps.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair power transmission equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair brake and clutch systems.
- Able to arc, TIG, MIG weld.
- Able to use a cutting and plasma torch.
- Able to diagnose steam trap problems.
- Able to perform boiler water and cooling tower chemistry tests.
- Able to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on boilers.
- Operation, repair, troubleshooting of high purity water equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hydraulic power systems.
- Able to troubleshoot, and replace mechanical seals; bearings.
- Ability to use hoists and rigging equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, and repair packaging equipment.
- Ability to install new or repair/modify existing piping systems of all types.
- Knowledgeable in the testing, operation, and repair of fire protection systems.
- Able to perform equipment and piping visual and thickness testing.
- Able to inspect and repair glass lined process equipment
Facility Services Environment: Regularly works near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, and sources of electrical shock, vibrations, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals for which protective equipment and procedures must be used. The workplace noise level is loud, occasionally very loud. Occasionally works in high, precarious places. Must have a valid driver’s license. Performs work related travel.
If performing facility services duties: Ability to walk long distances and be able to stay on your feet for eight hours. the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time. Use hands and feet to operate equipment. Occasionally lift 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, protective gloves, respirator and face shield (when required).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.