Who we are:
Career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Single-Use Sales Development Specialists are expected to utilize their technical expertise and interpersonal skills to generate sales of Single Use Technologies with the MilliporeSigma portfolio. Expectations including support the sales force with tactical/strategic insights, product and process technical information and project support to obtain additional sales and identify new opportunities.
Strong team work with Sales, Sales Development, Technical Service, Commercial Services, and Manufacturing Sciences is expected.
This position has three focus areas:
- Provide highly technical sales support to identify, implement and support solutions to customer challenges, meet sales targets, and drive sales growth leveraging the MilliporeSigma single use product portfolio.
- The target customer base will be internal MilliporeSigma business units and customers of the Process Solutions Inside Sales Team.
- Provide Quotation, Business Process, and Logistical Support for Custom Single Use Equipment Projects to the Americas Single Use Sales Development Team.
- Aggregate existing and new Single Use Technology Information (internal and external, product and process) in an easily searchable, usable, and maintainable format. Activities may also include revising existing documents to current best practices and attendance to Industry conferences to ensure the Americas Single Use Sales Development is fully aware of new trends in Single Use Technology.
Who you are:
- Highly motivated, adaptable, and self-directed
- Strong communication (verbal/written), interpersonal, prioritization, and organization skills
- BS/MS in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, chemistry, biochemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years in or servicing the Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Industry with knowledge of sterile filtration and Single Use Technology is required.
- Some sales experience preferred
- Travel between 10-20%, as needed
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.