A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Implementation of international tax strategies, research and compliance. Assist International Tax Management with international tax planning projects by taking a leadership role in managing projects through to completion. Provides legal advice and represents the organization in interfacing with relevant taxation agencies. Monitors potential impact of tax legislation and formulates tax savings plans to alleviate or reduce an increased tax burden. An energetic, technical, hands-on tax professional that is responsible for international tax matters within the tax department. Monitors potential impact of tax legislation and formulates tax savings plans to alleviate or reduce an increased tax burden. Review and preparation of US international tax compliance and transfer pricing documentation. Engage in tax planning and research of international tax issues, including partnering with the business on strategic initiatives. Transaction planning and repatriation strategies. Advise on tax impacts of foreign entity mergers, acquisitions, and liquidations. Advise and assist with preparation of international transfer pricing compliance requirements. Responsible for timely and accurate international tax compliance including forms 5471, 5472, 1118, 8858, 5713, 8832, §367 Disclosures, and Subpart F calculations. Coordinate income tax audits, including advocacy of the company’s international tax positions with governmental bodies. Support and advocate for the company’s international tax positions in all required forums (e.g. TEI). Advise on earnings and profits and foreign tax credits, including Subpart F mitigation strategies. Works with substantial discretion and uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Uses specialist knowledge, analytical skills, judgment and broad conceptual and practical experience to solve complex problems and to contribute to process improvements. Understands how the different teams jointly achieve the objectives of the area and uses knowledge of the organization, processes, customers and key business drivers to increase effectiveness.
Who You Are:
- Requires a graduate degree (or equivalent) that provides knowledge of theories, principles and concepts within a discipline
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, MST, or JD preferred
- Requires substantial professional experience (approximately 4-6 years)
- Experience in Big 4 or corporate tax department, with emphasis in the international tax area
- Technically adept with US E&P, FTC, and Sourcing rules and regulations
- Familiarity with Subchapter C (taxation of corporations and shareholders) and §482
- International legal entity structures including debt/equity planning, cash management, and hedging.
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Foreign tax credit and Subpart F planning
- Experience with OneSource Tax Compliance software a plus. Proficient in Excel
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in the tax discipline and beyond to supplement formal knowledge in order to apply principles and concepts of own discipline in resolving issues as they arrive
- Manages own workload and assigned staff
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- May lead small projects with limited risks and resource requirements
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.