A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas. We are a Global Oncology Innovator with a rich and rapidly developing pipeline with registrational intent and phase I/II programs across multiple novel compounds which may yield robust data in high unmet need patient populations. The Oncology Global Market Access and Pricing is a diverse and dedicated team of leaders and experts, integral to the Oncology development and commercial organization in shaping and delivering innovation that matters most to patients living with cancer.
Your Role: You will work closely with the Oncology global MAP Leads to support the creation, execution and refinement of Oncology Market Access & Pricing strategies. It will play a critical role in building strong capabilities to leverage external competitive payer/pricing Oncology landscape insights, KPIs and payer insights from our commercialized portfolio, and internal team and cross functional thinking. You also will have the potential to contribute to our key price and reimbursement assumptions we make to support strategic decision making and business development to optimize our pipeline potential for long term success. You will support: establishment of Global Market Access Oncology intelligence core capabilities within EMD Serono; Oncology Global MAP leads in the development and refinement of Global MAP strategies and P&R assumptions/forecasts for in line and new launch assets; and establish and support Oncology operational pricing activities in conjunction with Global MAP Centre of Excellence (COE).
Who You Are:
- BA/BS required; a master’s degree in business, finance, policy or other advanced degree preferred.
- have 3+ years of experience preferably in a pharmaceutical manufacturer and/or in finance, pricing and reimbursement, or payer policy.
- You have a strong quantitative/analytical background.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build alignment and influence on cross-functional and cross-geographical stakeholders.
- Able to interpret complex data from multiple sources and communicate, present and package key business implications in a simple, impactful and concise manner.
- Able to speak and write English well.
- Able to work effectively in a matrix environment, especially over departmental and geographical boundaries.
- Strong curiosity towards evolving market and pricing trends.
- Deal comfortably with uncertainty, changing course when needed as dynamic Oncology Landscape and company strategy evolves.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills in MS Powerpoint, Word, Excel required (some financial modeling).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.