A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Maintain and operate process and pilot scale laboratory equipment and scientific instruments
- Perform and document basic and enhanced equipment maintenance
- Diagnose, adjust and provide basic repair to equipment
- Support and coordinate preventative maintenance and calibration service program including scheduling and record keeping
- Use and maintenance of mechanical tools, Operation of hoist, crane and pallet jack
- Perform equipment set up for experiments and/or shipments to Field staff and Customers
- Maintain lab and Curiosity Hub in a clean and organized fashion to keep it ready and operational at all times
- Process Demo equipment requests, track and ensure their timely return
- Place orders and maintain inventory of consumables, equipment, chemicals, critical spare parts, and tools
- Prepare basic chemical and biological solutions for use in experiments
- EHS representative for group with responsibility for hazardous waste satellite storage
- Potential for up to 10 % travel
Who you are:
- Associate degree in a science field such as Biotechnology or Engineering or Associates degree with a Certificate in laboratory technology or biotechnology from a certified college.
- Good communication skills and likes to work in a team environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience in laboratory environment including maintaining equipment and scientific instrumentation
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory terminology, good documentation practices and good laboratory practices in Biosafety Level 2 environment.
- Ability to understand and follow documented procedures.
- Knowledge of methods to prepare chemicals solutions, and media.
- Good computer skills using spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to make mathematical computations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills.
- Proven hands-on mechanical skills.
- Observation skills in discerning various procedures and variations while performing work.
- Ability to lift and move heavy items.
- Proficient in written and verbal English language.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.