A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The eBusiness Project Manager will have responsibility for the management of the overall eBusiness Program. In this role, you will work with a global project team of developers, stakeholders, business analysts and other project managers to deliver eBusiness projects on-time and in budget. You will gain an understanding of business requirements to be able to understand dependencies and to prioritize and lead work across projects. Identify risks (RAID) and work efficiently to mitigate risks and manage the overall Risk Register. Coordinate all software validation and change management control with GAMP5 (as necessary).
Who You Are: Excellent proven experience of managing both large complex projects and programs, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners. Able to think strategically and execute methodically with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. You have excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that will enable you to earn trust at all levels. Recognize the importance and are proficient in executing key areas of change management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business or technology related field of study; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a technology product environment
- Detailed understanding of the software development process
- Experience bringing software or online products to market
- Experience with service oriented architecture and Agile development methodologies including the ability to structure and scope a design and to manage a project through to completion
- Experience using tools to capture user stories, test cases, sign-offs, etc. JIRA / Solution manager
- Experience leading teams that are building and managing complex platforms that are highly reliable and scalable
- Experience or use of: PMP, Prince2, Agile, Scrum, Lean
- HP ALM is preferred
- Ability to travel to other MilliporeSigma sites (about 25% as necessary)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.