A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Director of Cell Culture and BioPharm Materials Product Area
MilliporeSigma, a leader in providing products and services to the biopharmaceutical industry, is seeking a Director to head the Cell Culture and Biopharm Materials Product Area. The Senior Manager will have responsibility for leading this important business and driving related strategic initiatives to ensure future growth of BioProcessing.
- Manage all aspects of the business including product portfolio and overall product lifecycle, strategy development and implementation, working with operations leaders to ensure supply and high quality products, evaluating new business opportunities and negotiating contracts, financial performance monitoring and pricing strategy.
- Support innovation in Product Area through strategic roadmaps, effective product development projects, successful product launches and achievement of New Product sales target(s)
- Build and Lead a high performing and highly engaged global business team, resource and activity allocation, development and people management focused.
- Alignment and High degree of interaction with R&D, Marketing Communications, Segment Marketing, Marketing Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Field Operations and external partners.
- Participate in Senior Leadership Team meetings and strategic planning including setting objectives and strategies as well as take accountability for implementation and results.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the Life Science market
- Degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or related discipline. MBA preferred, M.Sc. or PhD a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to lead an organization by promoting competency development and inspiring others.
- Demonstrated capability reading technology and market trends, and strategically planning future product opportunities.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills and translating plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse business units and regions to develop and support sales plans.
- Experience working across organizational lines to translate market trends and opportunities into financial business plans.
- Ability to multitask and deliver results in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Firm understanding of basic marketing concepts such as product life cycle and product positioning.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully work with internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to create and present materials appropriate to the level of audience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 30%.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.