A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You will lead the overall search and evaluation process to identify and assess technology licensing opportunities for the CMC/Pharmaceutical Technologies area (NBEs, NCEs, other modalities) and early development related technologies. You will lead the project team involved in the early evaluation of licensing opportunities, working closely with Research, Development, Regulatory Affairs, Business Development, and other related areas as needed. You will integrate respective overlapping cross-functional CMC & early development technology areas to ensure consistency. You will be a scout for new licensing opportunities by attending partnering conferences, participating in medical congresses and maintaining a strong network in the scientific community. You will evaluate external opportunities with standards that ensure consistency between internal and external projects. You monitor the external business environment to maintain a knowledge base of licensing transactions and identify new areas of innovation and growth opportunities that may be of interest to the respective Technology Area. You will be responsible for supporting the respective Technology Area Head in defining the search scope, sourcing opportunities, working with key internal stakeholders to ensure strategy alignment, deciding on short list of opportunities together with respective Technology Area Head, and then managing the initial evaluation process. You promote our company as a partner of choice.
Who you are:
- Pharmacist (or equivalent) by training, profund scientific understanding (preferred Doctorate in pharmaceutical sciences or comparable area)
- Minimum 5-8 years life science industry experience
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical legislation and regulatory requirements
- In depth knowledge of the specific technology landscape and disease area of the respective EEF/Technology Area from a research, clinical, regulatory or development setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of drug development
- Strong project management, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in intense, fast paced, matrixed, multinational work environment
- Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 50% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at