A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: We are seeking a dynamic individual with excellent networking and communication skills and a passion for analytical chemistry to support MilliporeSigma’s Advanced Analytical business as part of the Analytical Sciences Liaison team. Your primary role will be to provide strategic and tactical support to the Commercial organization in North America that serves our research customers in pharma, biopharma, academia, hospitals, and government. Support includes training, customer visits, seminars/webinars, participation at conferences and tradeshows, input into marketing campaigns and collateral, and consultation on a variety of analytical topics. Your role will also include interfacing with the global scientific community and Global Research Segment groups that define the strategy to these customers, showing them how analytical chemistry and our products fit into their workflows. The position provides a great deal of freedom to act and interact with stakeholders internal and external.
- Work closely with and support the campaigns and initiatives of NA Research Commercial Area Specialists, Field Marketing, and Applied Analytics Franchise Product Managers
- Train colleagues, customers
- Customer visits, seminars, webinars
- Participate at conferences, tradeshows
- Consult on Analytical topics in line with your expertise
- Assist technical service to answer customers’ technical inquiries
- Input to new products and applications
- Participate on project teams
- Liaise with the global scientific community
Who you are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD.
- Substantial professional experience in analytical chemistry strongly preferred.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific discipline, or the equivalent in experience, especially in pharmaceutical research preferred.
- You must possess general knowledge of analytical chemistry, be familiar with the techniques of chromatography, spectroscopy, and titration, and have a deeper, working knowledge in any of those techniques.
- Experience using analytical chemistry in a research environment is ideal. You must be proactive and flexible, able to work independently, and possess excellent networking and communication skills.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of time (primarily North America but some international travel).
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Collaborative work style.
- Location is flexible within North America
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.