A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The global product manager is the business head for his/her specific product group(s); responsible for all aspects of product management and marketing for individual product lines; including, but not limited to, developing/implementing product line strategies with promotion plans to protect and grow the responsible product lines, researching anticipated market/technology trends, exploring new business opportunities, assessing competitive landscapes, facilitating new product development by developing product requirements based on market needs, establishing alliance/partnership strategies, defining global pricing strategies for profitability, supporting sales and technical service teams, and creating press releases and trade show materials.
The person is viewed as a product expert to ensure knowledge is effectively transferred from R&D to commercial organizations, works in coordination with global supply chain, procurement and commercial groups to lead business planning and forecasting of assigned product lines. He/She also collaborates in regular product portfolio review and decision-making to effectively allocate resources and maintain a sustainable product pipeline.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; and MBA or related master degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of overall business experience in semiconductor or material industry is required.
- The ability of communication, relationship-building to build rapport and connections with global commercial organizations is essential.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups.
- Up to 30% travel required (both domestic and international).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.