A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Now is the time to make an impact in people’s lives and become a part of our expanding Gene Editing team at MilliporeSigma!
We are utilizing new, innovative technologies to harness the power of gene editing that transforms the way our customers discover, develop, and manufacture novel therapies. Our next Director of Commercial Sales Development will drive the commercial strategy to support our customers in bringing their discoveries to life around the world. In this highly visible role, you will build a sales force while working with the marketing strategy group and business franchise heads to develop and implement an effective go to market strategy.
The Genome Editing & Cell Models franchises are a critical component of MilliporeSigma’s Applied business with substantial growth ahead. Our commercial division utilizes collaboration between our technical and strategic sales teams to partner in finding new ways to support the advancement of our customers globally.
Your Role: In the role of Director of Commercial Sales Development Genome Editing and Cell Models, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of technical sales specialists to consistently achieve or exceed the global territory sales plan. You will apply a working knowledge of professional, consultative and strategic selling skills to grow existing business, develop incremental business, and utilize available data sources to analyze and capitalize on strategic territory opportunities with the greatest ROI. Working closely with Research Technology Specialists, Global Strategic Accounts teams & account managers, you will oversee the development and execution of strategies to drive sales of the genome editing tools portfolio and cell model products & services into the academic and pharma research market.
Who you are:
- BS degree 10+ years professional experience.
- 10 years leadership experience in Sales focusing on the research market strongly preferred, experience managing introduction of novel research technologies.
- MBA or advanced business or technical degree desired.
- Deep understanding of the genome editing & cell models products & technologies desired.
- Facilitates the constant flow of new ideas, excitement and energy necessary to maintain a high growth sales environment.
- Strategic and visionary, with the operating experience to drive synergies, identify market opportunities and manage cost efficiencies.
- Definitive leadership characteristics and skills; ability to attract and motivate a highly skilled team that drives achievement of growth targets. Record of successful leadership in a line organization across a broad spectrum of cultures. Able to manage the tension of differing point of views and steer to the most appropriate action despite lack of unanimity.
- Travel 30-50% with the split still 50/50 domestic/international
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.