A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Working in the Production area of a chemical manufacturing company to make products for customers in Semi-conductor industry. In this role you will working closely with the Production manager, and be responsible for production process optimization, improvement and cycle time reduction. You will be responsible for Production preliminary engineering for CAPEX. You need to work both independently and lead teams of production personnel on various safety, technical and engineering initiatives, such as Production 5S program, Best Practice Sharing program, OFI program, Lassie and OE programs. You need to collect and analyses production data for process and equipment (mixing and filling) trouble-shooting and modification. Small CAPEX management and CER Development and Execution are also part of the role of the positions.
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry, Material Science/Engineering. Graduate degree is a plus.
- Relevant chemical industry experience of min. 3 years, semi-conductor manufacturing experiences is a plus. The areas of experiences should include PLC controls, piping design and installation, and batch chemcial processing (such as mixing, filtration, and ion exchange). Knowledge of statistic process control, such as lean six sigma program, is a plus.
- Good language skill in technical writing and presentation.
- Team player with great inter-personal skill. Open-mind for suggestions from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong desire to develop and grow by learning and taking initiatives and responsibilities.
- Clear sense of urgency, with profound customer orientation and a mind of the company’s own interests in quality and cost.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.