A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Within the Biodevelopment Process Development group, will execute projects including developing, validating and transferring analytical and chromatographic methods for biotech molecules. Execute client projects according to budget and timelines given to the project team. Develop, validate and transfer robust analytical methods required for successful drug development and manufacturing. Support follow-up and troubleshooting on analytical methods. Support process, pharmaceutical development and preformulation studies with chromatographic methods, technical expertise and solutions. Compile and analyze experimental data to generate process knowledge and decide on next steps. Write development and validation reports and ensure their timely delivery. Prepare and present project updates to global project team and to upper management
Who You Are:
- B.S. / M.S. in biotechnology with 2 – 5 years in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Technical lead on some specific projects - analytics, technologies and equipment
- Excellent knowledge of analytical development of chromatographic methods, validation, tech transfer and applied statistics.
- Responsible for biophysical characterization of proteins.
- Perform analyses including but not limited to CE-SDS, SE-HPLC, cIEF, SPR, LAL, host cell-DNA (qPCR), host cell protein, immunoassay and other biophysical/biochemical methods.
- Develop, validate and tech transfer robust analytical methods required for successful drug development and manufacturing.
- Background on chromatographic techniques applied to Biomolecules; knowledge on biotech processes development, protein purification and/or formulation.
- Execute routine protein purification with affinity, size exclusion, ion exchange, and hydrophobic interaction chromatography using AKTA systems (Unicorn software).
- To support follow-up and troubleshooting on analytical methods.
- Ensure coordination with project managers, technical lead and management through good communication.
- Solid working knowledge of DOE.
- Ability to critically analyze data using statistical tools and to compile technical reports.
- Experienced in protein purification via affinity, hydrophobic interaction (HIC), ion exchange (IEX), size exclusion (SEC) and mixed-mode chromatography.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Results-oriented with ability to work and deliver under pressure
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.