A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: The Health and Welfare Benefits Analyst is responsible for US Health & Welfare plans and Leave of Absence administration, including plan administration, communication & education, vendor management and compliance. Provides subject matter expertise on all Health & Welfare plans to effectively resolve a diverse range of issues. Assists in managing annual Open Enrollment and acquired benefits integration, understanding benefits data process flows, identifying and executing process efficiencies. The Benefits Analyst also has the ability to manage numerous priorities in a timely and accurate manner, work with HR representatives who interface with employees regarding benefit issues and demonstrate the ability to utilize benefit related statistics and information to improve service delivery and resolution to complex issues.
Plan administration -
- Support communication and education efforts for implementation of new or revised plans
- Serve as escalation and resolution point for benefit issues
- Provide superior customer service to participants when questions cannot be answered by vendors
- Partner with other key stakeholders (e.g. HR, Legal, Total Rewards, etc.) to develop and execute solutions for escalated issues
- Ensure all Health & Welfare plans are funning at peak efficiency
- Manage and administer Leave of Absence (LOA) process
- Identify issues, recognize trends and resolve any issues that arise in a timely manger
- Ensure the current internal processes and projects are in compliance and align with program intent
- Manage the operational component of the retirement plan.
Vendor Management -
- Maintain a current, in depth knowledge of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Section 125 of the IRS and other legislation and regulations that affect the design and administration of the benefit plans
- Ensure that Company and third party vendors maintain regulatory compliance
- Audit benefit policies, practices and procedures
- Manage annual plan filings and disclosures (e.g. 500s, Medicare Part D, Summary Annual Report) and ensure that appropriate change are made to benefit documents
- Manage annual non-discrimination testing processes
Who you are: Minimum of 5 years of benefits experience or relevant consulting experience Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in HR or related field. Comprehensive technical knowledge of benefits programs and plans. Previous experience with management of multiple vendors. Experience in HR Shared Services or outsourced environment is preferred. Strong customer service orientation and the ability to interface with all levels of employees is required.
Strong project management skills Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required and experience with HRIS systems, SAP and ADP is preferred. Working knowledge of federal and state benefit laws and regulations is required Ability to effectively manage vendors. Analytical thinking and problem-solving ability
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.