A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Manager of Search will lead a team around eCommerse enterprise search solutions. Manage day to day activities of an Agile development team using Scrum. This includes driving both D&E and Project development. Work with solution architects and project management to plan and resource projects accordingly. Work with scrum masters, functional analysts, and developers to execute building scalable solutions to successfully implement requirements that meet business needs. Support existing software solutions in legacy systems.
Who you are:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of hands on development experience
- 2+ years leading a development team
- Experience with Agile methodology and software development using Scrum
- Excellent leadership skills and able to deliver work products on time
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with global team
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be customer centric
- Experience developing in Java preferred
- Knowledge in Solr, ElasticSearch, Cassandra preferred
- Knowledge in Machine Learning applied to enterprise search preferred
- Knowledge in enterprise search related to eCommerce preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.